Thursday, March 10, 2011

February 6, 2011

It has been amazing so far! Right now we're in the airport in Nairobi waiting to go to Kitale! I'm so excited! Last night we stayed in a Methodist church guest house. Just two more days until I get to meet my Faith!! After we arrive in Kitale, we're going to church. Yay!!

I just talked to one of the sweetest ladies ever. She was white, but she was born and raised in Kenya. She told me all about her family and her life. She has opened a prayer center in Kenya.. she's such an inspiring woman! 

Alright, time to go.... off to Kitale!!!!


later- Oh my goodness! I really don't even know what to say.. I'm speechless. The people here and so friendly and sweet. I am in awe of these beautiful people! Church was so great! These kids are so outgoing and loving. They just jumped right onto our laps! I love watching them worship the Lord.. they have so much enthusiasm and joy when they're singing to Him. I don't think I've ever smiled this much. I already don't want to leave. After church, we went back to the compound to sort out the tubs and get them ready for camp. We are all pretty exhausted, but I just can't wait to spend our first whole day here in Kitale!!






                      
flying from Nairobi to Kitale!!
the plane we took.... i'll admit it, it was a little scary. :P

little kids waiting to greet the mzungus (white people)


the Kitale airport. seriously!
mine and kimmy's room at the compound.

No comments:

Post a Comment