Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Crazy Miracle (after the trip)....

It was really hard adjusting back. I felt like I left a huge part of my heart in Kitale. I became so attached to these kids, and I've missed them more and more every day. I have stayed in touch with a friend I met in Kitale, Kevin, and I told him how I wanted to sponsor Faridah to go to a good school because I just love her and I saw so much potential in her, so he talked to her mom for me (he's good friends with her family).... and now I'm going to sponsor her to go to the best school Kitale! Over the past couple weeks Kevin has updated me about Faridah and how she's doing and has helped me set up her sponsorship. I would constantly find myself thinking about Joseph (the little boy I became close to at camp) and just wishing that I knew how he was, where he was, who he was with.. I had no idea if he was a street kid or not, but I've prayed every day that he's safe and healthy. Kevin has been telling me a lot about Faridah's family (she lives with her mother and 3 siblings.. her dad died 3 years ago from the violence during the elction time. Kevin used to be very close with their dad, so he stayed in touch with the family and helps them out a lot), and he often mentioned her brother named Joseph who I thought was much older than her. Every time he'd bring up her brother, I'd miss my little Joseph even more. My heart broke for him more and more every day. Today (this journal was written March 1) I asked Kevin how old Faridah's brother Joseph is. He said he didn't know but they were the same height. My heart skipped a beat. I said, "Hey Kevin look at my profile picture, is that Joseph??" Well.... guess what? Joseph, Faridah's brother, is MY Joseph! The little boy I love and miss and care so much about! I was so happy beyond words when I found out! So, now both Faridah and Joseph will be going to the top school in Kitale.. :) Now that I look back at the pictures, I could see that both Faridah and Joseph shared clothes, and that's why he was always wearing pink! Ahhh, God works in amazing ways, and I'm just so thankful to be able to stay in touch with these two kids and take care of them. They're so beautiful, and I know God has such great plans for both of their futures. I'm so happy to be a part of these kids lives, and I can't wait to see them again when I go back! Kevin's going to be giving me updates on the kids, so check out my other blog every now and then to hear how the kids are doing and watch them grow! jenahsbeautifulblessings.blogspot.com



                                                                    Joseph, Me, Faridah... I just love them! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful report. I have a (new) sponsored child in Kenya and I really enjoyed learning about his country.

    ReplyDelete