Thursday, March 10, 2011

February 8, 2011

Meeting Faith (I started sponsoring her through Compassion International on February 21, 2010) was definitely the happiest day of my life. I was crying hysterically at first when I saw her because she was just so beautiful. She was all giggles and smiles! We had so much fun together! I didn't think it was possible to love her more than I did, but I do. I didn't want to let her go! We played ball, colored, she showed me her school work (she's so smart!), and she showed me how she keeps all the letters I send her! She got so excited when I gave her the doll I bought her.. she was throwing it in the air and laughing and yelling with joy! It was the cutest thing ever! It was so hard to say goodbye. I won't ever forget today. <3




I felt a so bad though because Faridah kept wanting to be with me, but I was giving Faith most of my attention. She would just sit back to back with me on the floor and pick the grass while I was coloring with Faith. It was so cute though.. whenever a kid would come grab my hand, Faithie would pull me the other way. :P


Today, we also gave the kids at Oasis a "foot-washing". We washed the kids on our teams' feet and told them how Jesus did this for his disciples, and gave them a new pair of sandles. They were SO excited as some of them didn't even have shoes. It was a very humbling experience, and seeing the kids faces light up when they got their new shoes was a memory that I'll never forget. 


After Oasis we went to Family Kitale Academy which is a school for nursery- year 8. We toured the classrooms and played with the kids. We played this game called "chase the mzungus (white people)" which the kids just loved! Imagine hundreds of African children chasing about 30 of us white people.. it lasted no longer than 20 seconds :P


Alright, well it's time for me to go to bed.. I'm so exhausted! It's been an amazing today, and I am just so blessed to have this opportunity to be here. Tomorrow's our last day of camp! I'm so sad! 

meeting Faith for the first time
Faridah was a little upset I had a "new friend" :(
playing soccer together!
i love my baby!
my beautiful Faith!


foot washing
playing at Kitale Family Academy!
They loved getting their pictures taken! :)

a video of my sponsored child Faith: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKCSxZbLuGw

No comments:

Post a Comment