Thursday, March 10, 2011

February 14, 2011

On Saturday, we left Kitale early to head back to Nairobi. We stopped at the Equator along the way, and shockingly it was cold there! We also stopped at Lake Nakuru where we went on a couple safaris. We saw a bunch of animals.. baboons (or buffoons, as Haley likes to call them ;)), water buck (or water butt, as Marissa like to call them ;) hahahaha), zebras, giraffes, cape buffalo, flamingos, prairie dogs, antelopes, rhines, and lions! We stayed the night at the resort, and left on Sunday to head to a place where we shopped for souvenirs and spent the rest of the afternoon. Then Sunday evening, we left to Nairobi airport. Right now we're on a plane to Minnesota. So much has happened this week, and I'm just in awe. I met so many people that touched my heart and I heard so many stories that broke my heart. I've just really been reflecting on this trip on the way home and I can't even come up with a sentence that would describe it perfectly. I'm really sad to be going home, but I'm excited to tell everyone about it. I won't ever forget all the beautiful people I met here. I've grown so much stronger in my faith through this trip; I feel so much closer to God. I am so thankful that I had this opportunity, and I'm so thankful for all of the amazing people that supported me on this trip. 


I can't wait until the day I'm back in Kitale, Kenya again.


                                 I hate goodbyes! :( This is Moses, our van driver. He is such a great guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment